Winter preview time! It’s time to look at what has already came out this Winter and what else is on the way. Here are my most anticipated movies for December, January, and February.
Top 5 Most Anticipated Winter 2016-2017 Movies
5. Hidden Figures, December 25th
– This looks and feels like an Oscar darling. It also sounds like a film that will be very important and impactful. These three ladies played a big part in our nations history in space travel and I have never even heard of them. That’s a problem.
4. Passengers, December 21st
– I’m a fan of space adventures and this falls in that category. Two people wake early on a long journey across the galaxy and are left to save the ship before disaster strikes.
3. La La Land, December 9th
– I’m going to be totally honest here… I don’t like most musicals. The old classics are fantastic and i love them dearly but the more modern ones have done nothing for me. The reason this one makes the list is because it is the next offering from Damien Chazielle. He’s the director of Whiplash, which was the 3rd annual Watched It Award winner for Best Picture. I loved that movie and have total faith in him. Even if its a musical.
2. A Monster Calls, December 23rd
– I know very little about is movie besides the fact that it’s based on a book and has a fantastic trailer. I have heard some possible Oscar buzz around it. The last time a movie stared a talking tree we got Guardians of the Galaxy, so I have pretty high expectations of talking trees at this point.
1. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, December 10th
– Disney’s yearly offering of the greatest space opera of all time. A stand alone film that will fill in the gap between Episode III and Episode IV. I can not wait of this and it needs no explanation.
5 Honorable Mentions
- The Founder, December 16th
- Silence, December 23rd
- Fences, December 25th
- Live by Night, December 25th
- Gold, January 27th