Spring preview time! It’s time to look at what has already came out this Spring and what else is on the way. Here are my most anticipated movies for March, April, and May.
Top 5 Most Anticipated Spring 2017 Movies
5.Ghost in the Shell, March 31st
- I struggled with the 5 spot for the Spring Preview. It was down to a couple different movies, all have their flaws but all are also things I’m excited to see. Finally, I decided on Ghost in the Shell because it just looks different and new to me. I’m not familiar with the source material and I know nothing about the story but I love the feel of the trailer and the world it takes place in. It might be a total flop. Who knows.
4. Beauty and the Beast, March 17h
- This movie has my wife over the moon. She loves Beauty and the Beast and I’ll admit it’s easily one of my favorite Disney classics as well. Great story with beautiful and fun songs. There really isn’t much more to say here, The Jungle Book was great and I expect this to be in the same ballpark. A trend that will continue to whatever the next live action adaptation Disney decides to do. This is easy money for Disney.
3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, May 5th
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 was an absolute blast, as far as comic book movies go. I really had a fun time with it and now we get to go back to that universe with the same cast and director… sign me up. Sequels typically don’t meet the expectations set from the original, so I expect a drop off but by much.
- Kong: Skull Island put out an amazing first trailer which has my exceptions high. Only real concern that i have, is that Godzilla put out one of the best trailers that i have possibly ever seen and the movie turned out to be just good not great in the end. It’s in the two spot because I have a feeling Kong: Skull Island will give me a little more of what I wanted from Godzilla.
1. Logan, March 3rd
- The superhero movie we always wanted. Hugh Jackman makes his exit, supposedly, as wolverine in the R rated movie Logan. I have avoided the other stand alone Wolverine movies, but Logan has be on the edge of my seat with excitement. How far will they go? Is it really the end of Jackman playing wolverine? I can’t wait.
5 Honorable Mentions
- Power Rangers, March 22nd
- Life, March 24th
- The Fate of the Furious, April 14th
- Alien: Covenant, May 4th
- The Wall, May 12th
- Baywatch, May 25th