Summer preview time! It’s time to look at what has already came out this Summer and what else is on the way. Here are my most anticipated movies for June, July, and August.
Top 5 Most Anticipated Summer 2015 Movies
5. Dope, June 19th
– I don’t know a ton about this movie besides the base premise of a group of high school seniors who enjoy the ’90s hip-hop culture. I have heard good reviews and I am excited to see what it’s all about.
4. Southpaw, July 24th
– The story of a boxer who has it all and due to a tragedy in his life… loses it all. It’s a classic premise and will come down to execution. Even a well done paint by numbers will leave me happy. especially knowing Jake Gyllenhaal is the lead. He is thirsty for an Oscar and this might be a vehicle to get his name in the discussion.
3. Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation, July 31st
– Ethan Hunt is back! From hanging off the side of a plane to high speed motorcycle chases this movie appears to have it all. I feel like the series got back on track with Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation should be on par if not better than that.
– A cinematic depiction of one of hip-hops most influential groups, N.W.A. Dr. Dre, Eazy-E, Ice Cube, MC Ren, and DJ Yella took the hip-hop world by storm and this is the biopic of their story. The trailer looks fantastic and the soundtrack will be on point. Great album, great group, and hopefully great movie!
– The dinosaurs are back and so is everyones favorite island! I don’t expect this to be better than the first one but it should safely slide into the second spot int he Jurassic Park series. Two and three weren’t horrible but they weren’t great either. This should be a giant hit and hopefully it meets my high expectations.
5 Honorable Mentions
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, June 12th
- Inside Out, June 19th
- Trainwreck, July 17th
- Irrational Man, July 17th
- The Man From U.N.C.L.E., August 14th