With Inside Out now in theaters, I think we need a top 5 list of my favorite Pixar movies!
5. Ratatouille (2007)
– What do you get when you have a rat that loves cooking fine food combined with a young restaurant worker who would love to be a professional cook but well isn’t… you get Ratatoullie! Together in an unlikely pairing they prepare some of France’s best food!
4. Finding Nemo (2003)
– The story of a fathers undying love for his son and his journey to get back with his son back. A combination of beautiful underwater animation and well timed comedy, this movie is an absolute treat. To top it off, it was my sons first love when it comes to the Pixar collection.
3. Up (2009)
– As everyone who has ever seen this movie will tell you, the first 5 minutes of the movie are some of the best film making of all time. It portrays life with such heart and emotion that in minutes you are attached forever with these characters. From that point on it does go down a lighter path but for those first 5 minutes alone… this movie slides in at number 3.
2. The Incredibles (2004)
– This is my favorite Pixar movie that I have seen in my advanced ages. I loved the premise of retired super heroes and how they are trying to fit into our everyday world and course it’s fun when the whole family teams up to take on the villain. Great movie from director Brad Bird.
1. Toy Story (1995)
– This is my favorite childhood animated movie. It’s fantastic. I think every child wonders what it would be like if their toys came to life when they weren’t around. The story is great, the bond between the toys and Andy is believable because I think every adult has those toys they will forever remember playing with. It’s touching with well timed comedy which is exactly what Pixar prides itself on.
- WALL-E (2008)
- Monsters, Inc (2001)
- Cars (2006)
- Toy Story 3 (2010)
- Monsters University (2013)