Winter preview time! It’s time to look at what has already came out this Winter and what else is on the way. Here are my most anticipated movies for December, January, and February.
Top 5 Most Anticipated Winter 2013-2014 Movies
5. Anchorman 2, December 18th
– The long awaited comedy sequel is finally here. He is… Ron Burgundy? The cast is back but can they hit the same home run they hit the first time? I don’t think they have to but they at least have to hit a triple… Odd are low but hopes are high.
4. Lone Survivor, January 10th
– The heroic story of Marcus Lattrell and his team from a June 2005 compromised mission, during a search for a ruthless al Qaeda leader. Where four soldiers have their backs up against the wall, will they be able to overcome the odds? I love war movies and this looks like it could be one of the best in recent years.
3. The Wolf of Wall Street, December 25th
– Martin Scorsese is back with The Wolf of Wall Street, the story of Jordan Belfort. Fast cars, wild parties, even wilder women, and drugs… lots of drugs. Jordan Belfort rise and fall from the top of the stockbroker world. Looks fantastic, plus you can’t go wrong with Marin Scorsese. He never lets his audiences down.
2. The Monuments Men, February 7th
– A World War II platoon assigned to a mission to retrieve stolen art masterpieces from the Nazis before they are lost forever. Looks like it has some comic relief along with some pretty good action. The cast is full of heavy hitters, all led by director George Clooney. High hopes but early rumors of why it was pushed back aren’t good.
1. American Hustle, December 13th
– The story of a con man, his “British” partner, a wildcard FBI agent, a Mayor, and the mafia. David O. Russell is back and fresh off Silver Linings Playbook, my favorite movie of 2012, and The Fighter, a fantastic movie from 2010. I can’t wait to see what he brings to the table next. Love the look of the trailer and again it’s fully loaded with a great cast!
5 Honorable Mentions
- Inside Llewyn Davis, December 6th
- Saving Mr. Banks, December 20th
- Grudge Match, December 25th
- Her, January 10th
- The Lego Movie, February 7th